A user will not be able to log in to a cash register for multiple reasons. These are listed below.
· User account not created
· User does not remember password
· User is not assigned to the service center
· User does not have any roles assigned
The steps to check whether a user account has been created are below.
1. Login to the CMS
2. On the home screen, select Content Management icon
3. On the Content Management screen, select Users icon
4. On the User Management screen, select Users Icon
5. On the Users screen search for the user by username or first name of last name of the user who is not able to log in to the cash register. The search box is located on the top left corner of the User List table
6. If the search does not result in any user record, it means that an account for that user was never created or was deleted as part of a previous request. This will necessitate creating a new user
7. A new user is created by clicking on the New link on the top right corner of the User List table
8. On the new user screen, enter the username, the first name and the last name of the user
9. Enter a temporary password in the access code and confirm access code text boxes
10. Click on the next button
11. On the select revenue center screen, check the boxes for the service centers the user is assigned to
12. Click on the next button
13. On the select role screen, select a role for the user from the drop down for each revenue center. The role should be cashier or manager or admin since these roles are currently configured to access the cash register
14. Click on save
15. Login in to the cash register application using the credentials for this new user account
If a user does not remember the password associated with that user account a new password can be assigned by following the steps below.
16. Execute steps 1-5
17. On the search result row, click on the link called Change Password in the last column
18. On the change password confirmation popup select Yes
19. Enter the new password for the user in the New Password text box and enter the same password in the Confirm Password text box
20. Click on Save
21. User the new password and log in to the cash register application.
A user account may exist in CMS but may not be able to log in to the cash register application if the user is not assigned to the Revenue Center to which that cash register belongs. The steps to check whether a user is assigned to a revenue center
22. Execute steps 1-5
23. On the search result row, click on the Edit link in the Actions column
24. On the Edit User screen click on the Next button
25. On the Select Revenue Center screen a list of revenue centers will be displayed
26. The checkbox of the revenue center within which the user is not able to login will appear unchecked
27. Check the checkbox for that revenue center and click next
28. On the Select Role screen, the dropdown for that revenue center will display the value Select Role.
29. Click on that dropdown and select the role which should be assigned to the user for that revenue center. In the current setup a user will be able to login to the cash register if the user is assigned the role of cashier or manager or admin
30. Click on the Update button
31. Verify that the user is able to log in to the cash register in the revenue center selected in step 27